My name is Cheryl Christopher and I am the school social worker for West Cape May Elementary. I have a Master's Degree in Social Work from the University of Missouri and have enjoyed working with elementary school students for over 10 years.As a school social worker, my role is to provide students with social and emotional support to promote their academic success. I provide individual and group counseling, crisis intervention, classroom lessons, advocacy, skills-training, and community and school resource referrals. There are a wide variety of reasons why a student may be referred to a school social worker.
- Mental Health Concerns (depression, anxiety, anger, etc.)
- Poor Attendance (including school anxiety)
- Academic Failure or Underachievement
- Behavior Problems/Self-Regulation
- Bullying (victim or perpetrator)
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Friendship/Social Problems
- Grief/Loss or Serious Illness in the Family
- Family Change (divorce, separation, moving, etc.)
- Need Access to Community Services
Counseling services are available on
Mon,Wed, Fri 7:45-2:45.. You can contact me for questions or concerns at 884-4614 or firstname.lastname@example.org.